Annual General Assembly, May 12 – 15, 2016 - Vancouver, BC
This year the 136th RCA Annual General Assembly for RCA members will take place in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.
As an active visual arts community, the RCA helps to protect, grow and maintain Canadian visual arts in order to maintain our nation with identity and meaning. The AGA provides a great forum for Academicians to discuss the importance of the visual arts and the role of the Academy, as well as the induction of new Academicians, the presentation of RCA Scholarships, and the RCA Medal.
This year’s program offers a series of interesting events including:
- Panel and presentations at Emily Carr University on the buzzing Granville Island
- Tours of the Vancouver Art Gallery and the Museum of Anthropology at UBC
- Visits to local cutting-edge contemporary art galleries and public art sites
- The RCA banquet dinner celebration featuring seasonal and local farm-to-table cuisine
- Sunday trip to Whistler to tour the brand new Audain Art Museum, designed by John and Patricia Patkau, RCA
The dates of the AGA are Thursday evening, May 12 to Sunday, May 15, 2016. Please click here for the Registration Form and Schedule of Events. You can also register and pay for the AGA on our website by clicking here. The registration deadline for the AGA is April 18, 2016.
We hope that you will attend the AGA this year, and contribute to the RCA’s future plans and participate in the constructive discussion about the visual arts in our country.
Looking forward to seeing you there.